Multiple Positions Available
Job Type: Contract, Full Time
1. Coordinates district activities and disease control recommendations in compliance with VDH and CDC recommendations.
2. Interprets program policies and procedures and ensures proper implementation of COVID-19 procedures at the district level.
3. Serves as a consultant and subject matter expert about COVID-19 surveillance, monitoring and investigation.
4. Ensures surveillance data is collected properly, accurately and consistently, and creates data reports for various stakeholders.
5. Develops program goals and objective and evaluates program effectiveness.
6. Epidemiological Assessments, Surveillance and Data Related Activities:
a) Uses existing surveillance systems appropriately, with attention to accuracy and detail.
b)Designs and manages surveillance systems for events of public health significance.
c) Oversees the collection of surveillance information and implements new or revises existing surveillance systems.
d) Plans, conducts and directs epidemiology studies as requested to include outbreak investigations, analytic studies to address public health problems or to plan programs.
7. Epidemiological Investigations and Technical Consultation
a) Plans and conducts moderately complex epidemiology studies, investigations and outbreak response activities to address public health events and improve program operations.
b) Conducts case, cluster, and outbreak investigations, including review of facilities and procedures; interviewing patients, healthcare providers, and others involved; and collecting data from relevant health entities.
c) Serves as recognized scientific consultant on epidemiology issues requiring application of advanced scientific, technical methods and practices.
d) Provides health education and ensures disease control recommendations are implemented in a timely and appropriate manner.
e) Collaborates with partners (community, VDH, and other agencies) as necessary to prevent and control spread of disease.
f) Provides technical assistance to various public, private, and non profit health and health relate state and local agencies and organizations, with respect to surveillance and other epidemiology data and evaluation.
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Data Quality Management
- Administrative, Program Planning and Communications
- Knowledge and understanding of the cause, transmission and prevention of infectious diseases, specifically COVID-19
- Considerable experience in epidemiology, public health or related area.
- Knowledge of methods of investigating disease cases, clusters and outbreaks.
- Familiarity with federal and state laws, regulations, and policies regarding public health and the reporting and control of disease.
- Working knowledge of bio-statistics, analysis and interpretation of data, and data management techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills with healthcare professionals and the general public.
- Basic knowledge of and skill sets related to statistical software packages.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with advanced course work in public health, epidemiology, or bio-statistics or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Experience with database management systems, especially those used to manage population-based disease data.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct the work of others either in a supervisory or project management capacity