- Design, monitor, and manage special projects such as bioterrorism surveillance activities, chronic or infectious disease prevention projects, community assessments, or outbreak investigations
- Direct and conduct a full range of investigation activities for communicable and chronic diseases, foodborne illness, and acts of possible bioterrorism
- Performs formal case-control and cohort studies of complex health issues.
- Provides related consultation to departmental staff and others.
- Designs, implements, and maintains disease surveillance.
- Provides training, technical assistance, and consultative services regarding epidemiology and the control of diseases.
- Serves as a point of contact for various personnel regarding moderately complex epidemiologic issues.
- Oversee active surveillance activities
- May develop and maintain computer databases or systems for surveillance, investigation, and assessment
- Writes various epidemiologic reports.
- Performs various duties in support of section operations.
- Develops policies and procedures for new and existing disease control programs.
- Prepare technical and non-technical summaries of work, scientific reports, and manuscripts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D.
- Epidemiology experience 3 years
- Superior knowledge of epidemiology study design and statistical methodology.
- Experience leading research teams in the design and execution of pharmacoepidemiology studies.
- Experience with healthcare claims data and knowledge of advanced statistical methods used in the evaluation of healthcare claims data.
- Experience with consulting for the life sciences industry.
- Proficiency in SAS statistical software is required.
- Proficiency in R statistical software is highly desired.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, initiative, excellent written and oral communication skills, and scientific curiosity are essential, as well as the ability to juggle several complex projects simultaneously.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Master’s Degree or PhD
- SAS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Job Type: Contract Full Time
Job Location: Remote